Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Apple to rule the world

In an article I was reading recently, it stated that Apple's most recent quarterly profits were roughly $40 billion! Their revenues are ever increasing with or without a new gadget being released annually.  I am currently the owner of an iPhone and I can see myself never switching to another brand or type of smartphone. How is it that Apple can hook people so easily?This is the first Apple product I have ever owned, and now I have a feeling I will consistently buy a new iPhone whenever I need an upgrade. This got me thinking though, why did I get sucked into buying one? What sold it for me? How is it that a brand such as Apple can do this to people by simply having them buy one product? I would definitely invest in an iPad or a Mac just because of the efficiency of the iPhone.

In a ever changing world of technology, are other companies up to speed on this type of marketing and business strategy? If not, why haven't they caught on?

1 comment:

  1. I just read and blogged about how Apple is using every trick in the book to dodge taxes, and I have to admit, I still want a new Mac. They are a guilty pleasure that I even relish. They rule the world through design. Their products are sleeker, sexier, better engineered, faster, and more reliable than any made by their competition.
    While their products show the responsibility of a sustainable business model, their corporate ethics do not.
    Do you think that multi-billion dollar corporation such as Apple has a responsibility to contribute a higher share of their earnings than 9.8%?

    ReplyDelete